Effective Date: January 1, 2011
1. Automatic Collection of Anonymous Information.
For each visitor to our Web page, our Web server automatically recognizes the consumer's domain name, if any, and collects the date and time of visit, the client IP address and referring site. We collect the information above, as well as e-mail addresses that visitors to our Web page choose to give us, the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, and information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
2. Personally Identifiable Information.
We do not collect personally identifiable information about you, except when you provide it to us. This may occur when you complete user registration forms, complete an online survey, or when you place an order. The information may include your name, e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number, age group, gender and product preferences. If you prefer that we not collect this information, please do not provide us with such information. By giving us the information, you are consenting to its collection, use and disclosure as set forth below.
3. Uses of Information.
The anonymous and personal information we collect is used for internal review, used to improve the content of our Web page, and used by us to contact consumers for informational, marketing and commercial purposes. The information will not be shared with other organizations for any purpose, except those circumstances stated below:
- When you expressly authorize such disclosure;
- In response to a request from local, state or federal law enforcement officials;
- In response to a request by any judicial, administrative or similar proceeding or order, such as a subpoena;
- Where we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is required by law;
- In order to provide the services or uses identified above, including contacting consumers for informational, marketing and commercial purposes, Hairgum USA, like many organizations, may utilize third-party service providers for some routine services such as promotional mailings. In such cases, Hairgum USA provides only the information necessary to ensure the service is delivered and requires that the service provider sign a non-disclosure agreement agreeing to keep the customer's information confidential and secure and limiting its use to the purpose for which it was disclosed. After the service provider has completed the service, the service provider must either destroy the information or return it to Hairgum USA;
- In special circumstances, such as in response to a physical threat or perceived physical threat to any individual; and
4. Children's Privacy.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain or use personally identifiable information submitted to the site by children under 13 years of age. If you are under age 13, please do not attempt to register on Hairgum USA Web sites, or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we become aware that a child under 13 years of age has submitted personally identifiable information to the site, we will not use that information and will immediately delete the information from its record.
Parental Participation. We strongly recommend that minors 13 years of age or older ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet, and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet use practices.
5. "Cookies" and Advertisers.
With respect to ad servers: We do not partner with or have relationships with any ad server companies. We will never provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their use in marketing their products and services to you without your consent.
If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by sending us an e-mail at the below address or writing to us at the below address. Requests to remove your e-mail address from our lists may take up to two weeks to fulfill. If you supply us with your postal address online, you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by e-mailing us at the below address or writing to us at the below address. Requests to remove your postal address from our mailing lists may take up to six weeks to fulfill. If you receive postal mail from us during this six-week period, please disregard the mail.
Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers online may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such telephone calls, please let us know by sending us an e-mail at the below address or writing to us at the below address.
From time to time, we may use customer information for unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will post the policy changes to our Web site to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, please check back at our Web site periodically.
9. Access to Personal Information.
Upon a reasonable request, we will provide site visitors with access to information that we maintain about them. Consumers can request this information by writing to us at the below address. Upon a reasonable request, we offer visitors the ability to have inaccuracies corrected in contact information. Consumers can have this information corrected by sending us an e-mail at the below address or writing to us at the
With respect to security: We have commercially reasonable security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site.
11. Other Web Site Links.
12. Contact Us.
Copyright 2011 Hairgum USA